Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hair Don'ts

Not that this was next chronilogically, but it goes right along with Neta and her hair. It actually happened the afternoon of the day we went for our egg hunt with Patrice on April 5th.

I had finished my run on the treadmill and was in the kitchen drinking some water when I looked into the office and saw, Neta facing away from the kitchen sitting on the desk and Nate facing her. Neta had scissors in her hand and went to snip when Nate said something about cutting her hair.

I ran into the room, snatched the scissors from Neta and slapped her hand. "We don't cut our hair!!!" She slumped into the office chair and covered her face crying.
I couldn't really see the damage she'd done. You can see the hair on the chair (which I put there as evidence of the damage).

It took me just a minute to regain my composure. Remembering the hysterics I threw when Ro cut her hair, I quickly decided it wasn't worth that much anger and energy on my part and that, again considering Aurora's self styling, this wasn't that bad. I hugged her and said "I'm not mad anymore. Let me see it." Neta, being the stubborn personality that she can be, stomped off up to her room crying and laid on her bed.

After a few minutes she came back down and let me, kind of, brush her hair. I pulled it back into a ponytail, thinking I would try to "fix it" but after looking at it, decided to just let it grow out.

The bang look on her is cute, so we might keep them, evening them up as they grow. This is her, still upset with me for getting mad at her for cutting her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment