Catch up on March, in the middle of April. First, Xela is growing up and I don't know how to stop it. I told the kids end of last year that come 2011, no more growing up, but they don't seem to be obeying that little rule. Maybe I should send them all to the corner on their birthday.
The kids are so good at giving each other presents, toys that belong to them that they think the birthday person would like. The receiver of said gifts is good at being excited about whatever little toy they've been given. Anyway, here are some of the photos.
Instead, we took Xela to McDonalds for dinner. We received Grandma Hibbert's birthday package and I had purchased a few things, so we took it all to Arches and opened presents there, after eating a highly nutrious dinner ;).
The kids are so good at giving each other presents, toys that belong to them that they think the birthday person would like. The receiver of said gifts is good at being excited about whatever little toy they've been given. Anyway, here are some of the photos.
Xela trying to "guess" what Nate & Graigry had wrapped.
Xela asked for a few inexpensive items,
so Grandma & I coordinated to grant all her wishes.
The first was a watch.
Grandma sent a picture of Christ with a special note inside.
Xela has it on her bed now.
Xela has been reading the "Lightning Thief" series
and only needed the last one.
Grandma got it for her and Xela had it read in less than a week.
Xela also loves carving with a pocket knife.
This one is a bit bigger than the one from last year.
Legos and swimsuits are a usual for the spring/summer b-days.
She got some piano music as well.
We sure love our Xela. I can't believe she will be in Young Women's next year. It goes far too quickly and I need to remember to enjoy all the little moments, to take advantage of the moments I'm given because they pass too quickly. You have a defenseless little baby, then in minutes you have a pre-teen and with another blink they are off to college. I need to try not to get so caught up in the insignificant daily things that aren't really important.
Anyway, I love my kids, my good kids and am grateful to be their mother.
I love the Last Olympian series! Xela- have you read Eragon? The last book comes out in November. You'd love em!
ReplyDeleteI hope they remember Uncle Neil. I only remember them as little ones!
ReplyDelete