It's been our luck that the kids' eighth birthdays have fallen on a day that is convenient for a baptism. November 4th happened on a Friday which worked out well. My folks flew out late Thursday night to spend a little time with family. Patrice and I visited with them Friday morning and then we went to the Children's Museum, where we ran into Eric and Aurora who were on a school field trip. I was hoping we would, but didn't know where they'd be.
I was a bit of a putz in that, for the girls, I'd had Amy make them each a special baptism dress. For me, it's different with a boy. They aren't going to wear it again and you can't really pass it down, I don't think, so I didn't do much about it, much to Eric's dismay. After expressing his frustration at not having something special for Graigry to wear and keep as a rememberance, I remembered Eric had two white temple ties. So, I pulled out one of Graigry's nicer white shirts and called around trying t get some white pants for my little man. No luck in stores, so the thought came to me to call Courtney Turner. She had some karate pants that would be just perfect. Graigry wouldn't be able to keep his clothes. However, I think the white tie is a good compromise. I told Graigry, after he was dressed in whites with the tie on and at the church, that he could wear that tie when he went through the temple and when he got married. That is even better than the dress, that the girls will never be able to wear again (if they have girls then they might be able to).
Anyway, Friday night, everyone had dinner at our house and then it was get dressed and go to the baptism.
We got our usual pre-baptism pictures.
| Father and Son Following the Savior's steps |
![]() |
| Mom, Dad and Graigry smiling with the Savior |
| Scott Family Three of five baptisms |
| Scott family with Grandparents Hibbert Grandma and Grandpa gave the talks at the baptism. |
And then, Graigry got one with the substitute Grandpa (Bishop) Scott.
After the baptism, Patrice and JT with boys went home and Mom and Dad came over for presents, brownies and chit-chat. I would have taken some pictures of the presents, but my camera had dead batteries and my phone is not a good camera.
It was a good day for all involved, I think!


No comments:
Post a Comment