Xela turned nine on March 16th. We had a cookout and presents on March 14th which I think kind of threw her. I invited some family friends for food and we made cake and called it a birthday party. It was a little colder than I remember the weather predicting, but the kids didn't seem to care. They ran around more than us old fowgies did. They asked for ice cream, but I said we weren't going to do that as they'd freeze themselves from the inside out and they didn't complain too much.
Xela has expressed an interest in playing soccer (must take after the old lady) for over a year, so after Mom's "what does she want" phone call and a little inspiration, she's all decked out ready to go, see the photo. She wore the outfit everyday after school for almost a week. Any excuse to go outside and play. I signed her up on the 16th to be on a team at the YMCA starting in April and she's totally excited. We played soccer for family home evening that evening and Xela's a pretty good player, not afraid to take out an adult (thanks to protective shinguards) for the ball. It's going to be fun to watch and live vicariously.
In other news, the three youngest have good times playing together, for the most part. They take the letter pads (for lack of a better word) and make "train tracks" as Nate calls them and then, well you can see the picture. It's fun to watch them as they create new games and Neta is pretty good to just go with the plan of her elders. She didn't even mind when they made her princess of the laundry basket. They are quite the little treo. They are currently entertaining themselves by taking turns spinning on one of our office chairs. They moved it to the kitchen where there is more running room. 

I love the pic of them against the wall. A little beauty and a goofball X 2. Classic picture.
ReplyDelete