Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Planting

Or at least we're getting ready for it. Yesterday after work, Eric rented a tiller and tilled our big garden. At the moment, he's off tilling three other ward members' gardens.

Xela and I moved the concrete border (concrete in chunks) around the garden so that Eric would have the full area to till through. Some of those are quite heavy. The kids all thought it was cool to see the ant trails, they "rescued" the worms, and scurried away from the centipedes. We fed the local birds as they came down to the feast on the bugs exposed by overturned rocks. Then Graigry went and scared them all off; poor birds, grateful bugs.





The kids all liked watching Eric take the tiller out of our friend's truck. The boys had fun playing in the truck bed, pretending they were fishing and other stuff. I told them to be careful or they'd end up with a scarred forehead like their mother.

I was in the garden while Eric was tilling and Neta must have thought I was going to be chopped up because she just cried until I came out. Her little dirty face was stained with tear trails. It was cute. This picture was taken at the beginning of her meltdown, so her face isn't as dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment