Friday, November 27, 2009

Dr Nate

After Thanksgiving dinner, we packed our pillow and bags and drove to Tennessee to visit my sister-in-law and her family. They are the closest Scott family around. They are blessing their 3 month old daughter this Sunday. We got here about one o'clock our time and it took about half an hour to get kids in bed and to sleep.

This morning the kids were all playing. I was trying to read on the air mattress we slept on when Nate came up with a toy stethoscope. He started to put the receiver thing on me and my translation of what he said was:

"I want to listen to your breasts." I was a little taken a back (immediately thought of Mallory and her "boobs") and asked,

"You want to listen to what?"

"Your breasts." He looked at me like what part of breasts don't you understand? Then he put the stethoscope near my belly button.

Okay, I thought. He's either really confused or means something else. I tried to show him where my heart was, which with "breasts" made sense. As I tried to put the stethoscope up where he could hear my heart, Nate enunciated just enough so I understood what he meant.

"NO. BREATHS!"

Got it. And then he tried to put it back by my belly button. "Buddy, I don't breath through my belly button, silly." Then he gave me a "you're silly mom" look, picked up his equipment and left the room.

I don't know that a medical license is in his future.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's great. How funny. JT will get a kick out of this tory. Don't you love kid language that sounds like something that's totally not what they mean? (did that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete