Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nate the Great

Eric is playing his video game, the kids are "asleep" so I thought I'd try to do a little blog catch up. These will not be in cronological order unless I remember them that way, but at least it will be documented. First, a flash back to Dec 30, 2009. Nate the Great turns FOUR!

He was excited to finally have his birthday and Grandma made it wonderful with the arrival of her package. I told Nate that we were going to wait until the package came before we opened any presents, so all day he was asking if "my birthday come yet?" Mail doesn't arrive until between one and two o'clock, so we kept busy with Christmas toys and things around the house.

When the package did come, he exclaimed with all the excitement a birthday boy could have "My birthday's here! Xela, Ro, my birthday came! Neta my birthday came!" We huddled around the top secret box and cut through it's nearly impermeable wrapping (Grandma is a professional packing taper). Then I sent the older three into the kitchen with all the package padding: fruit snacks, granola bars, marshmellows, tortilla chips and Nate's birthday marshmellow cereal (I don't typically buy that so it's a favorite treat). With the package unpadded, I put the lid back on and said we had to wait for Daddy, so have a fruit snack and "go play." Isn't that cruel? They went and played while I made dinner.

I had mutual that night and would have to leave after six-thirty, so after waiting until six and Eric was still not home, I decided we would open up the presents. Eric walked in just as we'd finished, but I don't think he really minded all that much.

Here are some pictures and videos of the happiest four-year-old that day.


He named the webkin Foxy Snake

The mini remote control car was the hit of the night.


Can't go wrong with Legos!

Brownie for the Great Birthday Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment