Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

As ridiculous as I think it is, "It's not silly" to Graigry. Tonight was his kindergarten graduation. It's an "Irvington Community School tradition" so they keep doing it. The kids get all excited about it, but I don't know about the parents. Maybe it's to give them a little taste of what graduation is like to help motivate them to continue with their education through high school. Maybe it's just "TRADITION" and therefore can't be let go for the "But I didn't get a graduation!" factor.

In any case, even though I'm not really for a graduation, I photographically documented the occasion with a couple of pictures.



Receiving his "diploma" from his teacher Mrs Bykowski.



At least it wasn't very long. I survived, single parenting with my four kids towards the back, plus we got to have our second piece of cake for the night (left over birthday cake from Neta and then Grad cake for Graigry). I guess I should put Neta's birthday up first. Oh well. Her pictures are on the other computer.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the question now is.... do you keep the diploma? File it away to treasure and laugh at?

    ReplyDelete