Neta's birthday was on Monday (I do mention that I have Graigry's graduation and this in the wrong order in the next post). Last year, when she blew out her candles and I asked how old she was, she insisted she was three. You can see the video in last year's blogs. This year, she was perfectly happy to be three and ready to enjoy the upcoming year.
Grandma Hibbert's package arrived in the morning. I dropped Neta and Nate at a friend's house before getting Graigry a little early from school to take him downtown with me for a lunch appointment Eric and I had to be too. How's that for a long sentence. Anyway, we didn't open it until we got back home after lunch and before picking up the big girls.
Grandma is so good at birthdays, complete with special marshmellow cereal, cake mix and frosting, snacks, presents and some goodies for the parents (cadbury eggs - YUMMY!). The cake and frosting were pink, as Neta loves her pink. The three youngest had a fruit snack and a granola bar and then I put everything away until after Xela's and Ro's spring school music performance.
It's a good thing is the last week of school, because we didn't get to ice creamless cake and presents until around 7:30, which is usually bedtime on a school night. We sang happy birthday...
...had cake...
...and then opened presents.
Always a good thing to send kids to bed late on a birthday high with a tummy full of birthday cake, puts them right to sleep. School kids went to their rooms. Nate and Neta stayed up and played for about an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment