Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kids' Legoland shots

When the kids don't have much to do, the play legos, of course. Xela comes down and asks for the camera and then goes upstairs to take picturs of their creations. They have a lego town that expands a little everyday. Here are some of their homes and other city scapes that I thought I'd share.

Sister Brickley at the Salt Lake Temple
We had a missionary leave the beginning of January, first sister missionary ever from our ward. Her calling prior to her departure was in the Primary presidency. As part of a letter, Xela made a lego missionary and then took a picture of her in front of a picture of the SL Temple because sister Brickley will be serving at Temple Square. I thought it was quite creative.

Lego Ward in the Boys Room Stake
A pretty packed house for sacrament meeting, wouldn't you say? They even have the sacrament ready to be blessed and passed.

Lego kids playing soccer at the park.
Pool party!!
With a diving board
Obviously the water is farely deep, or the water feels better than above, as they only have their heads out of the water.

The kids are so creative with these things and relatively get along when legos are involved, unless someone has a piece that "is mine" which leads to the piece or creation being confiscated by the ruling authority (parents). We watched a special on Legos on tv a little while back and for those of you who don't know, lego is a combination of two words (I forget which language) that means "Play well." The kids, typically play well and are stimulating their minds through creativity and imagination. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Camilla! THAT picture of the swimming pool with the lego heads had me laughing sooo hard, that is so funny! I love it! Totally agree, legos are the best and I LOVE seeing what the kids come up with. I never would have come up with that pool scenario like your kids, but now it seems soo obvious! My kids are going to love that too, I'll show them when they get home. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete