Sunday, March 18, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

SO, I started this post months ago and obviously never posted it. I must have put in the text and waited for the computer with the pictures. Now that it's MARCH and the computer is free, let me update you on the 2011 Scott Christmas. (Talk about being behind schedule. Sheesh!)

This Christmas was unexpectedly a prosperous one, as far as gifts go. I bought a few gifts here and their for the kids, family from Florida sent a box of presents for the kids and then we received a couple from Bishop and Betty Scott as well as the granparents and Neil.

I tried to get the wrapping done before Christmas Eve as neither Eric nor I wanted to stay up late for presents. I got the majority done on Christmas Eve's Eve while Eric was out with the big girls and the little kids stayed home and we found a movie on television. I think we were in bed between 10 and 11.

Here is a picture of the tree on Christmas Eve.


With Christmas being on a Sunday, and us having church at one o'clock, we decided that we would open presents before church. It took a lot longer than Eric or I thought. We started around nine and didn't get done and presents headed to their destinations until around 11. Then there was get showered (parents), get dressed and get going by 12:45. We made it.

Here are photos of Christmas morning with a few insights with them.
A fluffy sock mustache
Awaiting magnetic creations
Graigry's favorite animal:
CHEETAH!
New Sunday Shoes
(from Xela; Ro always asked to use them.)
Books to add to Xela's
expanding collection
Sping and Pick
Eric blindfolded & spun each kid ...
...then they got to pick a present.
Whose ever name was on the present,
got to open it.
Pretty princess
in a new Christmas dress
Nate the Great
in a new suit.
One box for five kids turns into a....
PILLOW FIGHT!!!
Snug and bugs in blankets
Five little monkeys
with their stuffed animals
and stockings.
After seeing how much fun Nate and Neta had playing with my Mandy and Mikey dolls, the ones I played with when I was 8 - 10ish, I decided that I would see if I could find the Becky and Jenny dolls and give those to the girls for Christmas. I still had all my clothes for them and I've been saving them for when the girls were old enough to take care of them. Neta is a little young, but I wanted her to be a part of something with her big sisters. I asked Amy to make some clothes for the dolls so there would be enough clothes to share and help eliminate any fighting. Amy sent some great outfits. Sister Bettie Scott also made each doll a dress, which was absolutely wonderful. There has been no fighting and many outfits for sleep, school and fun.

I can't believe I don't have a picture of them opening those particular gifts. I must have been too caught up in the moment to capture it on film. Dork! It was special for me to give something that I played with as a girl to my oldest girl. Maybe Mandy will survive another 15-20 years. Then she'd really be a collector's item (I can't believe I'm old enough to have played with something that is now a collector's item).

Christmas was a good time. After church, we spent the day building legos, dressing dolls and enjoying some unstructured family time. That doesn't happen very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment