Monday, June 11, 2012

Neta turns 5!

June 7th this year was the last day of school for the kids and Neta's birthday. Plus, that evening was mutual and a cub scout pack meeting. I got home from work, we ate hot dogs and fries like Neta wanted and then we went out the door to church. Grandma Hibbert's birthday package had arrived earlier and Daddy said it couldn't get opened until later. Neta was very anxious, so when we finally got around to presents AFTER the church meetings (about nine o'clock) she was quite happy.

Here are a few snapshots:

I was very creative & wrapped my gifts in plastic bags.
I love my hedgehog puppet!
Cinderelli, Cinderelli!
Daddy helps un-suran wrap the present.
Grandma is a pro with Saran Wrap!
A "Friends" lego set.
This is our first one. Kids had fun swapping hair out
with our regular lego people. 
We didn't have time for cake and ice cream on June 7th, so I made a cake on Friday. Neta and Ro helped with the decor.

The Lego polly is watching the horse corral.
I enjoy using leftover candy stuff to decorate cakes.
Smile for the picture!
Make a wish!!!
She didn't get all the candles out in one blow,
but oh well.
Neta played the "it's my birthday" card quite a bit Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Now she's got to wait another 362 days before that card is valid again.

I can't believe she will be starting kindergarten in July. Time goes by too quickly!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Neta! Cute cake too. Abi turns 5 on September 3rd, and will miss the Sep 1st kindergarten cut off date, she's very upset about it, not sure what I'm going to do with her for another year

    ReplyDelete