Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Pictures

Again, I'm behind. Working two jobs, plus relief society and me always finding something else to do keeps me away from the blog. I came back today and found a different format, which I'm not sure I like.
April, I thought I had more for that month, but obviously not. Kids have been plugging away at school. Eric has been gutting the most recent rental purchase, and I've been working at CCHA and doing scans. It's a fairly busy life, but that's the good life, right? Kids have just over a week of school left and then will be free from school walls until the very end of July.

So here are a few pictures from my phone, which again, are not the best quality. I need to see if there are any pictures from the camera from the last two months.

WET FUN!

Because our pool has massive holes in the liner and we've decided not to replace it this year, I bought a slip and slide for the kids to play with. Xela was at a birthday party and Aurora was somewhere, so the little three got the first slides. They loved it, but then, they love all kinds of water stuff.
Neta tip toeing through the sprinkler slide.
The next run, Neta couragously slid on down the slide.

Nate doing a karate kick slide.

Graigry Slip Sliding Away!

They had a ball! It was fun to watch them play and get wet. The lawn is going to take a beating when it gets really hot. I tried to upload some video, but blogger doesn't seem to like my videos or something, because I haven't been able to upload anything for a long time.

BIKES!!

Nate crusing & concentrating on the Pensy Trail.
During April, the boys learned how to ride bikes. Cousin Jayden was of great encouragement as the younger boy who could cruise without training wheels. He came over one afternoon and the boys decided they would try again. Then we went to the Pensy Trail behind the kids school one afternoon and nate really got going, not able to make small turns, but got the jist of it down.

They practiced wide turns in school parking lot, as there were very few cars there. Graigry could only make left turns, which I found interesting. He wasn't that interested in trying without training wheels in teh parking lot until Nate got a treat for doing so well. Amazing what a little sibling/cousin rivalry will encourage.

We've gone on several family bike rides and the boys are much better and more confident with their biking abilities. Neta has a Disney Princess bike that I found at Goodwill, training wheels included and she will cruise with us on that or on the extra wheeler. I can't wait to take them on the Monon trail for a "real" ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment