 |
| HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRAIGRY!!! |
I can't believe my screaming baby boy is TEN years old!! We had the Dunahees come over for some cake and ice cream after dinner (you see Myya and Myran in the picture). Graigry used some of his Halloween candy to decorate his cake. He created a jail for a few Lego people and a lake and a dum-dum forest. My kids look forward to decorating their cakes, which is fun for them and me. They can be quite creative with their designs. You'll notice the trim of the cake is made of M&M's and Skittles.
 |
Looks like Graigry is about to eat the candle,
but no, he's just blowing them out. |
Graigry had one present from us to open, a Creator 3 in 1 Lego plane set. He put it together before going to bed. Bishop and Betty Scott gave him a "Where's Waldo" birthday card with $10.
 |
| I wonder if he ever found Waldo. |
Grandma Hibbert's birthday package came on the 5th. With things going on that evening, there wasn't time to open presents before bedtime, which made Graigry a little sad, but then I told him if he got up and ready quickly in the morning, that there would be time before school. When Eric got home from home teaching, it wasn't quite 8:00 yet, so he went up and woke Graigry up to open his presents. That was something great for Graigry.
 |
| What's inside the paper? |
 |
A Nerf football!
We don't typically throw balls in the house,
but we did just this once. |
Graigry has a plastic football that he and Nate throw around in the backyard. It's getting deflated and so I asked Mom if she would send a newer ball; maybe Graigry asked for it, I can't remember, but it's here and being enjoyed.
 |
Two Sunday shirts and a watch.
Graigry's last watch broke with his arm.
He was excited to get a new one. |
 |
| A cool "ultra-foil" puzzle. |
Grandma Hibbert also sent him a Ninjago set, a golden Ninja with a temple and samuri. Graigry was up the next morning and started putting everything together as much as he could before school. I think he finally got it done by Thursday. It's reinvigorated the playing of Legos upstairs, which is always a good thing.
They have an entire "town" upstairs in the hallway area. My only rule is that the path between the girls' bedroom door and the boys' bedroom door has to be clear of Lego's and other toys (this leaves the bathroom doorway clear as well) because I don't want someone walking through in the middle of the night, stepping on something, tripping or hopping around in pain and thereby fall down the stairs. Sometimes, I pick up the piles and that, sometimes, creates distress for the children because "my pile" becomes mixed up with the other random pieces in the plastic bin. They know the rule and if they don't follow the rule before I come upstairs, sometimes, there are consequences which creates weeping and wailing.
No comments:
Post a Comment