Sunday, April 6, 2014

Family Mulch Evening

Typically we have FHE on Tuesdays because I get home early and the timing is less stressful. This particular week, we had two.

On Monday, March 17th, Eric had a meeting or was working at the properties. We've had a pile of wood chips in the backyard, between the two garages for a few weeks and I'd been itching to get it taken care of. I'd asked Eric where he wanted the chips moved: around the pool, the back garden and the back of the garage. Once I hurried kids through dinner, which we were done by six, miraculously enough, I told them to grab 5 gallon buckets and the Tonka truck and to come help move mulch (it's really wood chips, but mulch is faster to say and they know what I'm talking about).

Xela filling Graigry's bucket.
Graigy taking THREE buckets to dump.

Neta dumping the chips along the back fence.
I love the way the sun filters through on these pics.
The kids did a really good job, moving, dumping and scooping for half an hour. It's not the funnest of jobs, but Nate and Neta had fun filling up the Tonka truck and driving it to the dump site. Graigry liked feeling strong by carrying two full 5 gallon buckets. I liked that we got something done. We all liked having some music to listen to while we worked (MJ on the girls' phone).

Their vessels emptied and coming for refills.

Who knew a winter sled
could double as a wood chip mover.

It was a productive evening and I think the kids even got to bed close to on time. Anyway, here are the pictures I took of our Family Mulch Evening that night.

We've got some good kids who can put in a good evenings' work with minimal complaint, when they want too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment