Little Flower has a Honors Breakfast, which consists of donuts, orange juice, apple juice and milk. I went with the kids this quarter (it's the third quarter they've all had High Honors). Xela and I are participating in Lent by giving up desserts/treats so we did not have a donut; we ate something prior to coming at 7:00am.
Anyway, I'm proud of my smarty pants. While they were reading off the Honor Roll names, I had the kids pose for this picture at the table.
Why Aurora is sticking out her tongue, I don't know.
Once all the names were read and everyone was dismissed to finish and go to class, Mr Gawrys, the principal, and Ms Slaten, the 8th grade teacher, came up to me and told me how proud they were of Xela and her Experts project (each student is supposed to become an expert in something and give a 5 minute presentation on that subject). Xela was doing hers on photography. Slaten was impressed at how much time Xela was putting into hers, outside of class. Mr Gawyrs, who also had a sneek peek at Xela's was very impressed with the photos and hard work. Xela was asked to be the very first in the whole school to do hers; to be an example of what a good one should be like.
It's nice when the principal and the teacher come up and praise the efforts of your daughter. I'll admit that she does have a talent for photography. You need to see some of her pictures.
The last day before Spring Break, the school had a talent show. Each of the kids played the piano and the music teacher encouraged the kids to dress up as part of their performance. Well...
![]() |
| Jedi & Pirate shared piano tunes |
Eric went to the talent show and said they each did quite well. Even Nate and Neta enjoyed the show.


No comments:
Post a Comment