Monday, August 18, 2014

June 20 - Aurora is a teenager!!

Two teenagers, girl teenagers in my house. Not sure how I feel about that, but there's not much I can do about it now. Aurora had invited five friends to spend the night, but only four showed (which is better than last year when only Moira came). Festivities started on her birthday with a cook out and cake.

Happy Birthday ice cream castle/tepee/tent cake
~ designed by Ro
"Happy Birthday to YOU!!"

After the traditional song, the cake was cut and spoils were enjoyed.
From front left to right:
Moira, Passion, Holli and Aurora
They put their cake on the cone and ate it.

After the combined cake and ice cream, it was time for PRESENTS!!!
Jewelry box and note from Grandma Hibbert
Legos are ALWAYS a hit with the Scott crew!
There are other present pics, but I'll just say that she enjoyed every item. Moira made her a poster with a gift card or cash stuck to it, which we all thought was pretty cool and creative.

When presents were done, I took the girls and we headed downtown to stroll along the canal while Eric got the other kids a movie and put them to bed. We leisurely walked nearly the entire thing feeding ducks, catching fire flies, rolling down a hill, and after a request from the guitar guy on the other side of the canal, Aurora was serenaded with an impromptu Happy Birthday song (Hollie made the request across the canal).

"Here, duckie, duckie!"

Rolling down a hill that ends in a concrete sidewalk.
Sometimes, I'm just not quite sure....
Star gazing and foot wading.
(This is where Hollie made the song request.)
The girls and I got home around 11pm after "looking" at some of the Medal of Honor war memorial on the Canal. Eric had put the monitor in the tent, so we grabbed the goodies and went to the tent. The girls were on one side so they could watch a movie (and apparently throw snacks around) and I slept on the other side (this guardian was quite tired and totally zonked out).

In the morning, Aurora had some water bottles, the hose and a sprinkler and the baby pool, so they all got in their swimsuits and got wet.

Moira and Passion armed and ready.
More water works

With water balloons gone, the hose came in handy.

 All seemed to enjoy themselves and thankfully it was good weather. By noon, everything wrapped up and then I took Aurora to Julia Robinson's birthday party, where she again got to play in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment