Friday, September 11, 2015

Trip to Florida June 2015 - All About the Agua

First thing Monday morning (June 15 if you want a specific date), John took us out on the boat to look at all the birds on the island there on the river's nature preserve. For as many times as he's told me the names of the birds, I can't remember them right now. They come annually to next and by mid-June most of the birds were heading out. It's so neat to listen to them, I don't want to say cackle because that makes me think of chickens, but I can imagine when it's the height of the nesting season, the sound would be deafening.

I think the kids were more interested in the boat and hoping to see an alligator. :)

A little pre-loading prep at the dock.
And we're off!
How many birds do you see in the tree?
Nate sporting the studly shades!
Nesting Grounds
Little Miss Sunshine!
DRIVE TIME!!
Graigry has improved since last year
(the additional height
might have something to do with that)

After some fun on the boat, we helped John refill the bird feeders around the house...

Driving the cart, with the bird seed, out back

...made friends with a lizard...

Trying to catch the critter
Nate holding the gecko,
at least I think it was a gecko.
Graigry's turn!
Time to free the reptile

...and then went SWIMMING!!! The three younger ones spent the rest of the day in the pool, taking a break only for lunch and the bathroom.

Pool play time!
They were mostly nice to and with each other
They're fairly creative at making up games.
AIR BORN!!
(I love it when I catch this on camera!)
1, 2, 3....JUMP!!
Uncle John had a remote control boat;
the three younger ones took turns driving.
LUNCH TIME!!
Gotta input some calories so you can burn them off in the pool!
Xela stepping out of the pool to chill
in the shade with her book.
My little mermaid.
After a full day of swimming, they found a little energy to eat some ice cream and watch the Stanley Cup hockey match (it was that or one of the women's World Cup games) before going to bed.


They also made good use of the Aloe, coating their shoulders, necks and ears before sleeping. Them kids were a little toasty; their skin wasn't used to that hot summer sun. :) Day one of Florida fun...CHECK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment