While waiting for Daniel to pick her up, Xela...
![]() |
First act of the date was small talk as Xela put away her sax and we made sure I had what she needed to take to the school for the concert. Then we moved to the porch for the corsage / boutineer exchange. Xela's corsage slipped on her wrist without problems. Neither having done this before, and us adults being a little be out of practice, it was fun to watch. (Daniel's mom asked that I take pictures, so I did. I would have anyway).
Xela made the first attempt to pin the flower on Daniel's new suit.
![]() |
| Xela pulling out the pins |
![]() |
| Xela asking for pointers while Daniel tries to figure out why the 'hole" in the lapel is not open (it's supposed to be, right?) |
![]() |
| Xela goes in for the pinning but was worried about stabbing her date |
![]() |
| Trying to get it in the non-existant hole |
![]() |
Finally, pictures!!!

This is the one I took outside of the house. Xela didn't really want her bangs curled, but I insisted. This was prom, you do your hair a little special. Your footwear, however, can be whatever you feel like wearing and dancing in....
![]() |
| At a park in Fishers after dinner (Please notice the black converse shoes; she has the sense not to wear heels she would kick off as soon as she got to the dance.) |
![]() |
Xela grabbed her band clothes, jumped into the port-a-potty to change and waited for the intermediate jazz band's turn. She had two solos and then, with earlier granted permission, jumped back into her changing stall and into her prom dress, then was off to Fishers again for the dance.
Eric and I awaited her return. She gave a call on her way home (we told her she needed to be home between 11 and 11:30). When we saw the headlights pull into the driveway, Xela walked Daniel to the back door (that's where we come in) and Eric spied out the window. Seconds before Xela entered, Eric came out of the "spy room" and said "He totally wanted to kiss her!"
Xela came in, we got whatever details she could remember and when Eric shared his little insight, Xela had no clue. I say, good for her!!! I'm glad she had fun. I'm glad she was asked, interestingly by the guy that she went on her first date with (Hmmmm.....) which was with us. I'm glad she is confident in who she is and doesn't feel like she has to conform to all the societal norms (I again refer to her choice of shoes). She's such an awesome kid. I don't know how I got to be so lucky as to be her mom. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment