![]() |
| My Piano Playing Posterity |
The kids seem pretty calm when they play. I, on the other hand, am all nerves for them, as I sit in the crowd. A little silly, I know, but that's me. They all did quite well. Neta and Ro seem to be the least nervous of the five. Graigry cares, but doesn't care and then Nate and Xela are a little more perfectionistic and therefore a little more nervous. They might say otherwise; this is my perspective. Like I said, the kids did quite well with their pieces. here are some individual pictures of them tickling the ivories.
![]() |
| Neta - "Go the Distance" from Disney's Hercules |
![]() |
| Graigry played a song from Phantom of the Opera |
![]() |
| Ro played a piece from "Narnia" - "This is Home" |
![]() |
| Xela played "This is Berk" from "How to Train Your Dragon" |
I apparently forgot to snap a picture of Nate. I don't know why exactly, except that I remember being so impressed and engaged with his piece - it was really impressive. He played "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis, which is one of my favorite songs, but something about the way he played, brought the piece to life. A friend from church, who showed up to watch, even commented about how wonderful Nate's piece was.
In case you couldn't tell, each of the kids in the recital had one piece that was tied to cinema and then whatever other piece they selected with Ms Clowers. This year, Ms Clowers wanted the kids, the only five kids from one family that were all taking lessons from her, to play a piece together (she usually has duets during her recitals, and she did). She came up with a version of Hungarian Rapsody that all five to take a part it.
I wish I could upload the video, but apparently it is too large for blogspot. ;( I was able to post it on my facebook page, so you can look it up there.





No comments:
Post a Comment