April 10 - It was a rainy day and a Monday. On the way home from work, I asked Eric if we could play in the rain for Family Home Evening. I did it when I was a kid, splashing and dancing as the rain soaked us in our play clothes. I've passed that tradition on to my kids and we enjoy it, more than Eric does. To his credit, he joined in the fun. The grass was so slippery, we were often involuntarily found on the ground (which cause Eric some pain for the rest of the week).
Because my phone doesn't catch people in motion except in blurs, and we were all in motion (that's what happens when you play tag), I'm hoping the video I want to post will post.
After soaking ourselves and then drying off, for FHE treat, we did banana splits. The trick was there was an order to what you received depending on your most recent report card. Everyone got a banana and then the number of scoops of ice cream and toppings were dependent on receiving As.
![]() |
| Happily eating banana splits |
April 17 - EASTER EGG HUNT
I don't think I need to say more than that. Annual tradition that takes place in the backyard and it was Nate's last year to do the finding. Once you turn twelve, you can have some candy, but you don't get to go hunting; you get to help do the hiding, which they like to do, especially on someone's last year because the hiding places become especially difficult.
![]() |
| Have baskets; ready to hunt |
![]() |
| Found it, but how to get it? |
![]() |
| Egg is now in the basket; Nate used his phenominal Easter powers to retrieve his prize. |
![]() |
| Nate looking in the recycle trailer for anything of plastic oval shaped dimension while Pearl (our temporary dog) excitedly awaits results |
![]() |
| Neta looking under the sun room stairs next door |
![]() |
| Aurora followed Neta around with her camera; sadly, I didn't receive copies of those pics so Neta is poorly represented here. |
![]() |
| A pep talk? or helpful hints? (Xela hid Nate's eggs) |
![]() |
| Some brotherly love, supervised by big sister |
![]() |
| Pearl hoping to help Neta in her quest for eggs |
![]() |
| Somewhere, under the trailer... There's an egg... Maybe. |
![]() |
| Nate finds one hiding in the shade of the hammock |
![]() |
| Neta checking out the contents of her discovered egg |
April Random Snapshots - Sometimes, you just have to take a picture because the opportunity presents itself. Such snapshots are seen below.
![]() |
| Because who doesn't look more awesome with a smiley face balloon head? |
![]() |
| Nate was Little Flower's 5th Grade Freedom Essay winner. We attended a luncheon, heard other winning essays, and met this person (whose name/rank I can't remember) |
![]() |
| Shopping is tiring work. This dog mat was a perfect place for a quick nap. |
![]() |
| Nate's shop vac hairdo |
![]() |
| Doing Mommy's hair with the help of a shop vac |


















No comments:
Post a Comment