Now, because there are some posts from February, I'll start with...
MARCH
March 4 - Graigry was selected as one of two from Little Flower that were at the CYO Science Fair. He didn't like having his picture taken, so I had to snap things as I was able. He made it to round two and then received an honorable mention for the 7th grade.
![]() |
| Graigry trying to escape the photographic evidence. |
![]() |
| Graigry with his honorable mention trophy |
March 10 - I surprised Nate by showing up at his 5th grade cardboard regatta. His fifth grade class spent a week or so, divided into groups, designing and creating their ships and it was time to test them on water. They hauled their ships to the YMCA indoor pool and then, with one man on board, set "sail" two at a time across the pool, or at least got as far as they could.
![]() |
| Waiting their turn to float and row or sink and swim |
![]() |
| Nate and his 5th grade group's ship |
March 16 - I can't believe I have a 17 year old. Xela is a fabulous person and friend, and to quote a friend, I want to be like her when I grow up. She loves pudding so I got a few fun flavors (like Oreo, that we never get) and she made a trifle of sorts. It was a little of a combined effort to get the layers but it was lots of fun to make.
![]() |
| Layers of pudding (not the cheapo kind) It was frozen by the time we ate it, but still yummmy! |
![]() |
| Time to eat... |
![]() |
| ...on the table, where else! |
She "only" wanted a computer for her birthday and was willing to contribute to it. We got each set of grandparents to pitch in $50 and we were able to get one for her to use for school and beyond. Guess that means we've set a new "standard" for the 17th birthday - yay. Because opening one present is kind of anti-climactic, the other kids and I used multiple boxes, packing tape and rabbit shreds. There were also some twizzlers packing taped together hidden in the shreds (I think that was Nate's idea).
![]() |
| Unwrap and then unbury the present |
![]() |
| Dumping shreds on and into Thor's cage |
March 30 - We wanted to get out of the house and do something as a family, although I can't remember why we felt that way (although I think Eric and I wanted to see Xela smile, which she hadn't done a lot of lately). We needed something close, not time consuming and outdoors, so someone, again not remembering who (don't have my journal to reference at the moment) decided Ellenberger Park. We decided to wander by the creek, which ended up turning to in the creek, and we were all okay with that too.
![]() |
| Almost everyone had on flip flops, boots or crocs. Never know what has been tossed into a city creek. |
![]() |
| For example, Xela and Ro found something hard, black and round. With a few yanks they revealed... |
![]() |
| A little more meandering downstream just because |
![]() |
| Some crustacean carcass. The artist pictured may have brought it home for some future project. (until it got too smelly & got pitched) |
One month down, eight more to go!















No comments:
Post a Comment