Monday, July 23, 2018

2018 - February & March


I don't have many pictures from these two months. I guess February is short and March went without much fanfair.

The boys, which included Eric, went on an overnight campout. Aurora, Neta and I (Xela didn't want to come) went and saw The Greatest Showman on a late Friday night showing (9:30 is NOT the usual go for us, when we do go).

I'm not a selfie person,
but I had to document this little adventure
In case you haven't seen that movie, it's WONDERFUL!!! Hugh Jackman and a musical, with great directing - we came out singing and then listened to the music all the way home. I will admit that I'm a fan of Hugh Jackman, but many of his movies have violence in them or darker story lines. This movie had maybe five cuss words, three of them the same word in one of the song's chorus, and has a family message. People leave happy because they've been uplifted. Yes, I loved the show and bought the DVD when it came out and the CD when I found it at a decent price.

That was February. Yay
MARCH
Xela's 18!!

Then my oldest daughter became an adult. Sad. Exciting. Terrifying. All at the same time.

I had touched base with Collin Burroughs, Xela's good friend and had him touch base with the others in her group of friends to plan a surprise party, at our house, where they could have pizza and then play the Wii or watch a movie.

Collin came over to help us decorate the living room for Xela. She got off work at eight and then I used our Life 360 app to track when she actually left Ace (I love this app). Aurora had planted 17 cookies with teachers and friends at school throughout the day for Xela to collect. The last one was at the door when Xela pulled in after work.


Aurora telling Xela to eat the last cookie
Xela was NOT up for another cookie
We also armed the guests with nerf guns.

Collin ready and waiting to fire
on one of his best friends
Xela was finally allowed in, after taking a bite of the cookie, and the bullets flew, we brought in cake and pizza for guests to share and opened a few presents. Then we, the family, got out of their way (which is harder for the siblings as they want to be in the middle of the action).

Presents
Aunt Kimmie gave Xela some luggage
full of Ramen, seeing as she was moving out.
Xela was looking forward to moving out of the house, moving next door into Patience's house, so she could figure out who she is and test out the independence thing a little bit before school. I was a little sad that she wanted to leave, but grateful it was only next door. She finished her move out while we were in Utah for General Conference (photos in the next post). Aurora and Neta were excited to have Xela's stuff out of the room and have a little space to stretch (Xela's art stuff felt like it was crawling out of her corner into every other space.

At some point, as I was cleaning up and Xela came into the kitchen and gave me a hug. That made
my day.

March 23 - 24
SNOW BUNNY
So Indiana was it's usual schizophrenic self and snowed in late March, so much so, and so near Easter that I decided we needed a snow bunny. The three youngest were in the back building a fort so I went to the front and after shoveling the walks, decided I'd get to work. Aurora came and helped me after a bit.
Aurora carving out some details for Buster
 Then we grabbed the food coloring and a carrot. :)


And added an egg. It was almost Easter after all...


And then one day later, this is Buster after Indiana didn't take its medication:


Not that I mind the warmer weather, but his life was a quick one. :)

And then March was over, photographically speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment