JANUARY
Snow and Sledding
In Indiana, you never know what the weather will bring, even after the forecasters share their scientific information. We didn't get much snow in December, so when it snowed enough in January to make land sled worthy, we went for it. Brookside Park, one mile from the house, has a great sledding area, which I think is supposed to be a very large retention pond, but I've never seen any water in it. Ever, in 14 years. That's where we went on January 6.
![]() |
| Ready...Set.... |
GO!!
This was our first run.
Look at Ro go!!
(assuming the video works)
![]() |
| And here sits Eric, in the warm car installing a tracking app onto the kids' phones |
![]() |
| Neta heading back up for another run |
![]() |
| See the hill in the smaller hill in the background? There are kind of a two-for-one run over there They had fun running down that as well. |
![]() |
| Starting by the street, should give you a longer ride, right? |
![]() |
| An attempt at a side by side. As I recall, they split shortly after take off. |
![]() |
| Face first....this could end badly. |
![]() |
| Mom getting in on the action in front of the camera |
![]() |
| Just before leaving, we convinced Eric to go down. One and done for him. |
Time at the Temple
Nate turned 12 on December 30. He received his temple recommend shortly thereafter and we were finally able to go do baptisms for the dead on January 19th. I love being in the temple, especially with my kids and especially on their first time.
Now, for some odd reason, I don't have a picture of Nate, but I do have a picture of Neta. We didn't find a sitter, so she came and sat in the lobby of the baptistry while I went in to watch Nate. When I came out, I had to use the bathroom and she told me of her own little bathroom adventure.
She had to use the bathroom while we were gone and asked a temple worker where she could go. Well, because she is not 12 yet and does not have a recommend, she would have to use the restroom in the waiting room off the main lobby/recommend desk, which you can only get to, if you do not have a recommend, by going outside and entering the main temple doors. The sweet sister walked with Neta out in the cold, without her coat, and took Neta to the restroom, then walked outside again with her back to the baptistry lobby. I think it was the highlight of Neta's night. Service always makes people smile.
![]() |
| Neta outside the temple with a smile |
Not a super photographic month, January, but at least there is something to show for the beginning of 2018. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment