Sunday, August 19, 2018

April - Annual Easter Egg Hunt

This was the first year that Neta was the only one to hunt eggs. Ro, Graigry and Nate each got a bag of eggs to hide and then Neta went to find them. I don't think it was as fun for her as she thought it might be; it was either that or it was colder than it's been in years past. Maybe she was tired; I just remember more complaining than usual for such an event.

Neta on the hunt;
Graigry doing a pull up
Finding one under the stairs
Where to next??
In the wood pile??
There's always one in the trailer...

"Seriously people?? Did you have to
be so obnoxious with your hiding places?"

The pool is another favorite hiding place

Here's a quick video clip of a piece of the hunt. It's always nice to see "live action"  :)


After a while, we were all thinking it was taking too long so we helped her out and then went back inside. It will be interesting to see how next year goes. It will be her very last one. What will I do after that? Maybe just leave a little Easter basket at their doors when they wake up in the morning....I don't know.

We went inside and because I always have candy set aside for the hiders, Eric decided to make it more fun that just handing it over. He did the larger piece and each kid took a turn to find it. Aurora and Graigry had to find theirs in the kitchen and we moved Nate to the living room.

Aurora and Nate waiting their turn;
Neta is the blurred head in the middle
Every location is a possible suspect
when it's Dad that is hiding things.
Even inside the cereal box.

Finding the Prize

Here's to another year of candy hunting done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment