Sunday, October 7, 2018

August - Indiana State Fair


I love going to the Indiana State Fair and we have been going nearly every year since we arrived in Indiana. Eric is not a fan and thinks it's frivolous, but I and the kids enjoy going. I always go when their are discounted ticket prices. This year, Patience Gaydos had extra tickets and gave me four, so I took the younger kids (Ro and Xela had to work). We went on the last Saturday of the fair as our schedule didn't allow for it until that Saturday.

The theme was based on the circus and they had a one ring circus show four times a day. We got there in time to see the first one on that day. It was AWESOME! We had a good time.

Thought about waiting around for the the free popcorn,
then took some pictures and moved on
At the girl scout venue;
they had an obstacle course
Graigry's turn

After the obstacle course,
on to the golf course
waiting for the circus to open
Waiting outside the circus tent
for the door to open

Waiting inside for the circus to start
The circus was a GREAT show that we very much enjoyed. We had to wait an hour, but there was some fun music playing and so the kids and I, in our tight row of seats, line danced to YMCA,  La Margarena, and the Cupid Shuffle. I think that was my favorite memory from this year's state fair visit.

Leather work necklace making


Visiting with the horses;
the animals is half the fun of the state fair


Elephant Ears are a State Fair tradition staple
A mouthful of deliciousness




We always get elephant ears before leaving. They are huge (thus the elephant), so one is split between two. We savor the cinnamon sugary fried goodness and then head to the car for the drive home. This year, we drove home and then Graigry had something so Nate, Neta and I went mowing. It didn't finish until almost nine, but Nate and Neta were fairly good humored (especially after getting a lunchable to eat as "dinner").

It was a long day, but a good one. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment