Thursday, November 28, 2019

July - Fire and Water and Fun

Our July 4th tradition is to go to Highland Park, on New York just east of downtown. It's not Eric's thing, the boys were at scout camp and Ro was working so just Neta and I went to the park. After being there a bit, the Robinsons showed up. Their second daughter is one of Neta's best friends. I had some glow sticks so as it got to dust, we shared. :)




A beautiful skyline picture
Cards while we wait for fireworks

And they begin!


JULY 11 - INDIANA DUNES NATIONAL LAKESHORE

Aurora and Neta were at girls camp and Eric was up with them, so I, as has been tradition the last few years, I take whoever is not at camp, up to the Lakeshore. Eric doesn't like spending three hours on a one way drive to play on the white sands beach of Lake Michigan, so when he's gone at one of the camps, whoever is home come with me. We leave early in the morning, and I forget that they are an hour behind, and we are the first ones on the shore.

When I looked at the weather on our chosen day, things looked passable, not hot, but doable for a beach visit. Graigry slept for a good portion of the trip up and we arrived early enough that we didn't have to pay to enter the park. We grabbed our chairs, towels and munchies and headed to the beach.

My little fishies
Graigry's sandcastle masterpiece


Last year I buried Graigry in a shark;
this year was Nate's turn

"He's gonna EAT ME!!"

THEN AGAIN...MAYBE NOT





Nate's something
Graigry was cold and bored and begging to leave
 Time to destroy the "supreme" sandcastle.

I love this little lake tradition. Wish we could take it as a family, but I'll take it when I opportunities present themselves and hopefully create some lasting memories with the kiddies.

JULY 17 and 20 - Family Times
Neta having fun with food coloring and a marshmellow


Marshmellow residue
FAMILY PROJECT ON THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR
Newscasters and weather people had warned people to stay inside and stay cool. What did we do? It was too hot to mow, so we used lumber from the backyard and built a doghouse as part of Graigry's family project merit badge.






We have to lure Opal into the house


The kids have spent more time
 in it than Opal

No comments:

Post a Comment