The first week of April is one of my two favorite weekends of the year - GENERAL CONFERENCE!! President Russell M Nelson had challenged members to prepare for the conference by studying about the Restoration, as this was the bicentennial year of the First Vision. He said it would be unforgettable. During conference, he said he didn't realize how unforgettable it would be, referring to COVID 19 and meeting outside the Conference Center, with no spectators outside of a very limited number in the conference room.
Here are some pictures of watching conference, gathered in the living room. Opal joined us and "helped" Aurora as she made a Ball State quilt.
![]() |
| Praying or Sleeping during one of the sessions? |
![]() |
| "This is a great blanket. Good job Ro." |
With the Corona Virus keeping Indiana on lockdown and the kids finishing the school year virtually, while Eric and I continued working (I went into the office with three others that attend the Fishers office, even though many others remained virtual) I decided I would bring one child at a time with me to work. I figured it was very easy to socially distance, they would have a good wifi signal and an adult to supervise. Additionally, it gave the kids a change of scenery. They also liked the snacks that were available in the office. :)
Neta would take lunch breaks to rollerblade, getting in 3-4 miles each time she came with me. Graigry went walking with me once, until he decided to jog ahead. In that singular event, he got back to the office and didn't find me so he retraced his steps while I turned around. Thus I got back to the office before he did. I as a bit worried that he wasn't there. He didn't have his phone, so I couldn't call him. When he did get back to the office, I was already at my desk and he had put in three miles. Good job!!
Nate went on one walk with me. He also attempted rollerblading once after work. One time, I snuck into my side office that I wasn't using to find Nate in this position:
Neta and I also took time, almost each Saturday, to go rollerblading on the Monon Trail. Over several months, lunch and Monon blading totaled 90+ miles. Neta doesn't like her picture taken, so I had to snap when I could.
I loved spending time with the kiddos in the office. It would have been nice to be remote, but bringing the kids to the office was a decent compromise.
April 8 - Neta took a liking to sleeping outside. We had three mattresses that she would pull onto the grass and spent many nights under the stars. I joined her a couple of times. Here she and Nate join the dog on the porch on the mattress.
April 12 - Here are my Easter dinner contributions to the Scott gathering.
![]() |
| Deviled chicks :) |
![]() |
| Resurrection Rolls one of our traditions |
April 18 - Graigry trying on a something that Eric bought for one of his radon jobs.
![]() |
| Pretty decent fit |
Spring during a pandemic is different than usual. I'm grateful there is a yard to be in and for good weather so we could enjoy the outdoors.













No comments:
Post a Comment