Sunday, January 31, 2021

2020 - March Mayhem

March 2020 introduced Corona to Indiana and the United States in general. Stay at home executive orders began, bringing school and work building closures and the new norm of e-learning and teleworking. Campuses across America were sending students home, including Aurora.

Before that world changing event, we had scheduled to have Aurora's wisdom teeth pulled. I mixed up the appointment time, but they took us in anyway, thankfully. I had to hang out in the lobby while the operation was underway and then was shown back to the room where I found:


I didn't capture much video, but she was a little out of it. I had to go back into work, so Graigry was the supervising "adult" until I got home. He was supposed to make sure bandages got changed every couple of hours, which he didn't do. Mr. I-Want-to-be-a-Neurosurgeon didn't want to deal with pulling out bloody gauze and exchanging it for clean gauze, even though I'd already set everything out for him. Lucky for him, Aurora slept most of the time and he just let her sleep while he did school work.

On Pie Day, I made a cherry pie:
Something I think of doing, but never actually accomplish.

COVID orders came down around March 17. I still went into work with three other people from the Fishers office. It was great how free and clear 465 was. I could leave at 8 and be to work with no problem before 8:30. Fabulous!! I would bring a different kid with me each day. This provided some regular normalcy while giving the kids different scenery with quiet space to get their school work done. When it was lunch, Neta and I would rollerblade along Cheeney Creek. Graigry & I once went for a walk, which he turned into a run for himself and then ran longer because he looped around to the office instead of turning around. He ended up doing three miles that day, which I got a kick out of.

Nate and I went to pick up Aurora from Ball State. She wasn't excited to come home, but didn't want to spend money to stay on campus when she could get a refund to come home. Ball State has carts to help haul things from room to car. Apparently they can also transport students from car to room as seen below.



There was a little accident while waiting to load the car. Aurora's succulents were on a cart that tipped and their little homes were not so whole at the roadside end of the drop.



Kids were excited to not have to go to school, but the novelty wore off a few weeks in and they were looking forward to going back to "normal." A longer spring break was not actually what they wanted, they realized once they were given their wish.

Here is a quick video of Opal wanting to take off a shirt Ro put on her. 



On March 27, Graigry made dinner per my request. He looked up a sweet and sour chicken. It took him hours and when I cam home it was ready to go and it was delicious!!

As quarantine got more underway, Neta and I took to rollerblading. She would come to work with me and we'd rollerblade during lunch or we'd go to the Monon and rollerbladed. It was such fun!! I love spending time with my kids doing stuff outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment