Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break comes to an end

Spring Break was this week and we've had our outs. Monday we went to the library, which doesn't happen as often as it used to or should.
Tuesday, it was a cloudy, rainy day so we got Patrice and Jayden and, with everyone else in Indianapolis on Spring Break, went to the Children's Museum. We were in the car for at least 15 minutes waiting to move one block to get into the parking garage. Inside was busy, but there weren't lines to get into playscape (the toddler area) so that was beneficial. When we decided to leave (after having misplaced my eldest son, rather he misplaced us - he knew exactly where he was) the line for tickets (thank you membership) was out the door, after making a very curvy 's' inside, and was winding back up towards the door. I've never seen it that crazy before.
Wednesday was a relax at home day, as far as I can remember. I did a load of laundry, dishes and sewed two simple skirts (thanks Amy for the links!) minus the drawstrings. It was nice so the kids played outside.
Thursday, we spent three hours at a large park on the northeast side of Indianapolis, Holiday Park. Dunahees (five kids) and Sorensons (five kids of seven) came too. It was quite the crew. The park has three large sets of playground equipment for various ages and a "spider web" for kids and adults to climb up. I was exhausted after that. We got home and then at 5:30 went to Dunahee's for a cookout for Morgan's birthday. We brought along one of the girls' friends, Madison, who spent the night and didn't leave until about 2 o'clock today. She blends in really well with the kids so it keeps them busy and having fun.
Today, we went to Patrice's house and the kids played. Jayden observed for a little while and then merged into the play and then Xela decided they were going to chase around their circle in the apartment. Jayden was just laughing and Trice became his mode of transportation. Good afternoon exercise.
We settled and read some books and then Jayden turned on Toy Story 2. Like a magnet, the kids who weren't immediately within earshot, were drawn toward the "story box" and finished the movie while Trice and I cleaned up. It was fun to watch them get absorbed. Then it was time to go and the complaints began. Nate: "I stay here" as he continued to play with the green garbage truck. Graigry was hungry, etc.
By the time I got home, Thing 3 and 4 were asleep and Things 1 and 2 were tired enough that after a snack, scriptures and prayers, they went up to bed with books. Neta is tired and will hopefully fall asleep her momentarily so that I can watch a movie and scrapbook, like I did last night. (Eric is out of town tonight again; it's what I do unless I'm totally exhausted.)

1 comment:

  1. Did the skirts turn out? I would love to see a picture!

    ReplyDelete