Two Saturdays ago, we decided to fill up the pool and start the spring opening process. Why would we fill up a 10,000 gallon pool? Shouldn't it be filled up all the time, you ask? Well, the water looked like pond water, so we used a sump pump to get all the water out and into the garden spot. It took all of that Saturday and some of the following Friday to fill the pool.
Then it was time to do a little vacuuming and get the filter going. There is some air going through the system, so we have to work that out, but that didn't stop Eric and the girls from trying it out last Friday, April 17th. It was warm outside, 70 degrees, so they decided to see how really cold the water was. Now you can put your feet in and feel the chillyness, but submerging the body is different. Here is a video of Eric and and girls voluntarily getting wet.
The girls looked like they were enjoying themselves, so Nate decided to take a dip.
"What kind of father are you?" his face seems to say. He obviously didn't take to the water that Eric at one point called "refreshing."

Graigry was asking for his floaty. I didn't want to go down to the basement to get all the swim stuff so he found an old floaty that has a broken zipper. He got that one on and I put two safety pins to hold it together. He was in about as long as Nate, actually probably not even that long. Eric literally dipped him in and he was done and then blamed it on the floaty and that he needed one that zipped up. Whatever, Graigry, it's just cold. Be a man and admit it.
On Saturday afternoon, we were going to have a cookout. I hadn't showered since Thursday afternoon, didn't have time to really shower, so I decided to jump in the pool. We used some tax money to get a solar heating cover, which looks like blue bubble wrap that you put on the water. It's supposed to help warm up the water and retain the temperature at night. Well, it hadn't warmed up much in 24 hours. I put my suit on, moved a part of the cover and stuck my feet in. The kids came up the ladder to watch and asked to get in too. I told them no and that I was just dipping myself, once I got the courage to actually jump in. I jumped in and right back out. COOOLLLLLDDDDD!
Xela said I hadn't gone fully under, so a musterd up my courage again and fully dipped again, jumped out, wrapped myself in a towel and went inside to get dry clothes on. I wanted to put on sweats and wrap up in a blanket, but I'd look kind of silly when it was 70 degrees outside. We can't wait for the weather and water to warm up so that the chill of the pool is truly "refreshing."
I'm looking forward to it too!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's fun ~ We've done that before (in Brazil) the pool was so cold, we let the kids test it with their toes. I, crazy Mom, was the first one brave enough to jump in. I think I impressed my boys. :)
ReplyDelete