We moved Grandma Neta's swing set to our backyard as her daughter Deidra said that's what Neta would have wanted. The kids like to run and jump onto the swing on their tummies so they feel like they're flying, and sometimes flying upside down as you can see. These pictures are with my phone, so they're not the highest of quality, but that's okay.

They also like to play in the non-functioning big green van, which 9 year old Calvin (friend from Church who lives in one of our rentals who thinks the van is going to still be here when he turns 16 so that he can have it) has named KITT. This is Neta, in diaper and goggles, trying to climb over the one remaining bench.
We've had a handful of neighborhood activities, cleaning alleys, sprucing up Paige Booker Memorial Park (some jerks vandalized it, plus we had to get the weeds in control) and planting in the community garden. Here are a few from the clean up. Neta was such a helper, she wore herself out.
One final note, just because we have a lesson this coming Sunday about personal records. I've written more in my blog than in my journal, so I guess this is now my journal. It's more fun, even though it's the same thing, just this is online. The lesson talks about how personal records of our ancestors can give us strength. Even though my posterity may not read this, I thought I would mention, quickly due to three restless kids that are driving me batty (is the movie for them or me???), three little prayers the Lord has answered for me during the month of May.
He fixed my car when it died every time it idled at a stop light coming home from school one day after I frantically prayed in my heart and mind that "please! I'm remodeling my kitchen, I can't pay for a car repair too!" No problems since that one day.
I went shopping at Aldi's and when we got back to the car, I put sleeping Nate back in his carseat and saw my debit card fall on the car's floor and saw my phone in the front pocket of my purse. After I sat in the driver's seat, I reached over to get the card and I wanted to use the phone, but couldn't find it. I had to get the kids from school and while waiting I searched the car and prayed. They got in the car, we drove back to Aldi to see if anyone had turned in a phone. Nope. I just prayed all the way home that I would find my phone. We parked in the driveway, I ran in, got the pin number to the new debit card (which I'd forgotten), got the land line and came out to the car to call my cell. We heard it ringing and found it under the front passenger seat. THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER.
This last Saturday, I had mowed the backyards and then went inside for a little bit. When I came outside to start the mower to do the three front yards, it wouldn't start. The tank was full. I checked the oil, it was low, so I filled it. Tried it again. No go. I asked Eric and he couldn't figure it out. I got the manual out and read the troubleshooting section. Checked the air filter and it was clean. I didn't know what to do and I didnt' want to buy another lawn mower; this one is just a few months old (yes it has a warranty, but who wants to go through all that on a busy Saturday when your grass is about six inches high from all the rain?). So I let it sit for about half an hour and, again, a silent prayer that Heavenly Father would fix the lawn mower because my front yards really needed some cutting. About 30-45 minutes later, I came back to the mower and it worked!!!
See, if it's important to us, it's important to Him, even if it's something as silly as a car, phone or lawn mower.


No comments:
Post a Comment