I'm doing pretty good at running three to four miles every day. My kids enjoy running as well, especially the girls. It's usually Neta that is home when I run, so she gets the most miles done. She likes to "go fass" and I'm impressed at her stride at three miles per hour, sometimes she goes a little faster. She recently realized that if she's going slowly, she can walk and not hold Mommy's hand (Mommy just stands right next to the treadmill ready to catch her if needed). When she's done, we count from one to ten or 12 and then turn off the treadmill.
In the meantime, Nate gets a car to race on the tread as it runs. They both race cars when I'm running, if they aren't engrossed in a movie. It makes me a little nervous, but we haven't had any accidents yet with kids or toys (and if you know about Neta's finger in '08, she wasn't racing as I recall).
Here's a little video of them in action.
Neta thinks she's going to get her picture taken for the first few seconds. Such a cheeseball, but I guess that's the monster I've created.
Wow Camilla - running 3-4 miles a day? You should run a marathon with me! I know, I know you already said no...but the offer is on the table as long as I can still run. Good job! And good job Neta! She looks so cute running on the treadmill. We are excited to see you all in July!
ReplyDelete