Unlike many other years, we let Aurora have a little birthday party with a few of her friends from school. With her birthday in the summer break, it's been hard, and I haven't made any effort, to get school friends over for a little something. This year, Aurora wore on us and I told her if she got phone numbers and addresses we would do something simple.She had four friends come over and they all seemed to enjoy themselves.
![]() |
First we I let them design their own t-shirts with sharpies.
From left to right you have:
Lindsey, ro, Samara, Taylor & Ava |
We did a few other games, which went a lot quicker than I expected, so I decided to move to the cake and presents.
![]() |
Decorating the cake.
I decided the girls would enjoy doing that before eating it. |
They seemed to have fun putting on sprinkles and arranging the candles. Eating it with some ice cream didn't seem to be disagreeable to them either.
After the cake and ice cream was, of course, presents.
![]() |
This year was a horsey birthday.
I remember being ten and getting Breyer horse stuff too. |
![]() |
Taylor gave Aurora goggles which was PERFECT!!
No more whining at parents or Xela to borrow some. |
She had two presents from friends and then they went into the pool for about an hour or so, again the goggles were immediately put to use. Thank you Taylor.
![]() |
Playing in the pool.
It took a little encouragement to get some of them in the pool.
It poured the night before so the weather & the water were cool. |
Once they all got wet, they made little games and plays that included pushing each other into the water. So funny!
![]() |
They had a little song as part of one of their plays:
"Walkin' in the water! Wakin' in the water!" |
Grandma's birthday packages arrived just in time for the opening before the girls left. Grandma Hibbert is always on top of things for the grandkids' birthdays. I hope I can be that good.
![]() |
Opening presents from Gma Hibbert
Art supplies and horses, what more could a girl ask for? |
While Aurora took a few last minutes with her friends, and left her unwrapped presents unguarded, the excited little siblings took advantage of the situation and had a good time. Can you blame them?
![]() |
| Playing with the horses & stable |
![]() |
| Trying to get all the little horses to stand. |
Aurora wanted a perfect day and I think it was pretty close for her. We didn't go to Ellenberger Park like we had planned, because it would have been soaked from the rain, but she did get to go swimming with friends and got many things on her birthday list.
No comments:
Post a Comment