Today is Sunday and Eric is at church doing clerk stuff, so the computer is free. Thought I'd take advantage of the kids happily playing and a free computer to do a little catch up. I should probably take a nap, but who has time for naps when there is so much to do that doesn't get done other days of the week.
This last week has been CrAzY!! There wasn't a single free night, and I have pictures to prove it.
Monday: For FHE, we went to Nate's kindergarten Spring concert. He told us they could wear jeans, which has always been a no go, so we told him to get in Sunday clothes and we would take jeans. We got to the school and he was right. They were able to wear jeans because they were doing a vacation-farm theme.
![]() |
| In the second row!! He must be taller than the average Scott. |
![]() |
| The Happy Farmer Boy leaving the stage. |
Wednesday, I pulled into the driveway and got into the other car just in time to go to Graigry and Aurora's Spring concerts. Graigry's concert started at six. The songs were all sung in Spanish which was new this year and I thought it was more fun for the kids and the crowd.
![]() |
| They sang Old McDonald. Graigry was a duck and did a good Donald Duck "quack" in the microphone. |
![]() |
| Not in the front row! 'That's always impressive |
![]() |
| She loves to sing! Kind of looks like, with the kid next to her, they are getting ready to hit the prom. |
![]() |
| Xela is sitting next to her best friend, Piper Kelly. In most bands/symphonies I've seen, That's first chair, which means she's the BEST! |
Friday was Xela's 12th birthday. She got to wear a special "birthday" shirt in Spanish class and we had a cookout with Dunahee's for dinner. Aurora was taken to a birthday party that same night. Dunahee's were picked up by Bishop and Sister Scott (michelle is in the hospital and Matt has been staying with her) around 8:30. We opened presents and then I took Nate and Neta to Robinsons for the night; picked up Aurora from her party and took her Robinsons for the night so that Eric, Xela and I could go on the youth temple trip EARLY Saturday. Bishop interviewed her Friday night so that she would be able to go on her first temple trip within 24 hours of turning twelve.
| Brownies and sherbet! (I forgot to take a picture of her with the cake before the candles were blown out. Oopps!) |
| Cookout for dinner. It was warm enough for brats, chips and kool aid outside with friends. |
| Xela opening hair bands with other loot to the side. |
![]() |
| Xela opening a present from Gma Hibbert. |
![]() |
| I love to see the temple; I did baptisms there today. |
Sunday is church at nine am. We had a good lesson on sustaining our leaders taught by Ann Larsen. I'm glad she is one of our teachers. She brings the spirit into the class and helps us learn that way instead of just reading the manual.
So there is my week in review. Tomorrow the silhouette goes into the mechanic for an oil change and to "make sure" it will be able to get us to Florida and back over Spring Break. We have free tickets to Sea World that expire April 1 so it's now or never. We went last year and had a wonderful time before facing unemployment. I"m hoping this trip will help us strengthen our family relationships and bond, something that we desperately need right now.








I'm so glad you updated your blog. We love seeing your family! I can't believe Xela is 12 and in yw's and going to the temple. That's crazy. Time really does fly. Enjoy it while you can. We love you and miss y'all!
ReplyDelete