Sunday, June 2, 2013

Xela is officially a teenager

Xela's cake creation
I can't believe my baby is 13! Time passes too quickly. We had a little family cake and presents on the 16th and then did a friend sleepover on the 21st.

I've been letting the kids decide how their cake is decorated and Xela is old enough, she made her cake, I frosted it and then let her have at it with decorating. Above is a not so good picture of her cake. As you can tell, there is a battle of various Lego figures. The kids like sucking the frosting out of the Lego legs.

Xela setting her cake on fire

Reading a card from Grandma Hibbert

Counting cash - Hibberts sent $50 in $1 coins
The other kids thought she was RICH!!

We did a friend party on the last day before spring break. Xela made pizza's for each of her friends (after taking their order at school) and girls started coming around 6. Pizza's were ready to eat when friends arrived. They ate and then I took them bowling. Piper Kelly had a broken arm so the rule was that everyone had to bowl with their non-dominate hand, to make things fair. I had bumpers put up because, well, that's kind of obvious. We didn't want a game of all zeros (not saying that they are all horrible bowlers; look at the scoreboard below). They seemed to enjoy themselves quite a bit.

AWESOME shoes!!

making faces & memories
Elizabeth & Piper taking a picture of Delaney
granny bowling backwards
Xela got her ball stuck on the wrong side of the bumpers.
She started to walk to retrieve the ball, slipped around,
then decided to crawl. Having not bowled much in 13 years,
she didn't know you're not supposed to cross the line. OOPPS!

I believe Piper was player #2 with a score of 92.
Xela was #1 or #3, so she didn't do too bad.
Delaney, Elizabeth, Lily, Xela & Piper
done bowling and heading for home.
 
We came home, they shared their stories of triumph and silly blunders with Eric. Xela opened presents and then they settled in the living room to watch some Disney movies and "sleep." I had to work the next day so Eric took care of breakfast and pick ups. I think all in all, the girls enjoyed themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment