Monday, January 13, 2014

Florida for Christmas - We're Boating!


Whenever we've gone to John and Diane's, we spend a few hours on the boat. Because Saturday, December 21, was going to be about 85 degrees (and then things were going to start getting colder = mid-60's) John thought Saturday would be the best day. We each grab a Gatorade or other beverage and head to the van to drive to the dock to get on the boat.
I just thought this was a cute picture.

Neta making sure she is securely fastened to the vessel.
Doesn't she trust the driver(s)?
Enjoying the sun & water while John cruses down the river.
Everyone always gets a chance to drive the boat.
Nate, a true Hibbert-Scott, is having some difficulty
seeing over the dashboard.
It looks like I'm sucking on a hot dog; it's really my tongue.
"Smile, Mom!" Xela likes taking pictures.
We were all a bit excited to let our winter skin see some sun.
Xela also likes driving.
She'll be ready to hit the streets in a few years!

Taking a picture of John taking a picture.
"Am I sunburned yet?"
We stopped in the same spring that we did last year.
It took us a minute to decide if and who was going to jump in.
Meanwhile, Xela took a picture of her and Ro's toes.
Xela came prepared with her suit under her clothes.
Graigry just pulled his shirt off and called it good.
Ready, set...
JUMP!!
Siblings overboard!
Soggy monkeys drying in the sun!
Graigry, still drying.
Uncle John thought ahead and snagged the towel
out of his truck before we left the house.
Eric is the booster seat driver for Neta
while shedding a little light on his whiteness.
Ro looks like she is meditating or praying
maybe she is, a little, while driving the boat,
hoping she doesn't hit anything in the water.
(Just kidding Ro!)
Graigry is more confident if he's standing up while driving.
Here are some other random shots taken on our little river journey:
They look bored, but they're really enjoying the ride.
I apparently am taking a picture, but I don't have the shot
from my point of view.
Graigry enjoying the breeze from cruising on Rainbow Springs.
A flower for our littlest flower girl.
We all came home with red cheeks as a souvenir from the trip (goal accomplished for me). We didn't see any crocodiles this time, but plenty of turtles and birds; it's always fun to be out with the wildlife (and I don't mean my monkeys) enjoying their habitat.

After being home and eating lunch, there was some tv watching and then kids decided it was time to go swimming in water that was warmer than 72 degrees. The three youngest played until dark and it was time for dinner.

I again, tried to catch them while in the air.
I don't know what kind of
"watch this ___ dive Mommy!" they were attempting.

Each is in a different stage of their jump.
Graigry took off first. Then Nate. Then Neta.
Graigry looks like he's water skiing without a boat!
Now that's talent (or a really lucky camera shot).
Another well timed picture, right before the dive,
I mean belly flop which was supposed to be a dive.
Neta on the "boat" with her "propeller" Nate.
My goggled goofballs.
I'm so glad they like to play in the water and with each other.

Kid were well worn out after dinner, but still didn't want to go to bed, but tomorrow was Sunday and they needed to sleep. We told Diane we would go to church with her and that started at 11. Then we traveled 40 minutes to an LDS ward to partake of the sacrament and attend meetings there. In both places, people were very friendly and welcoming. The Bishop in the Ocala ward came right to us (sitting in the back of the overflow) after sacrament meeting to shake our hands, tell us where the kids' classes were meeting, etc. Eric says that he saw the Bishop's shoulders slump a little when we said we were just visiting. We do the same in our ward when we see a good family that isn't staying.

We got back to John and Diane's around five, changed clothes, had dinner and then watched some Christmas  movies and read a few Christmas miracle stories. I was given a "True Stories" of Christmas miracles that showed God's hand in our lives a few years ago and I started reading them to the kids this year. One of the stories, about a deaf girl and a Persian kitten, made Eric cry, which the kids thought was great, especially because Eric hates cats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment