 |
| Neta - the proud architect! |
Eric went to Alabama for his nephew's wedding, so we took the opportunity to go to Cagle Mill Lake. I wanted to go to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, but when I looked at the weather I wasn't sure it was going to cooperate and I didn't want to drive three hours to play in a lake if we were going to get rained out. Cagle Mills Lake / Lieberman State Recreational Area is only 45 minutes away. I figured that was a better use of time and gas.
It rained on the way there, and was cloudy when we first got there, but then turned into a fairly good day on the lake. Here are a variety of pictures that were taken of the day.
 |
Xela wrapped in her towel,
walking toward the lake. |
 |
| I think that is Nate wading in the lakeshore. |
 |
| Girls splashing in the waves. |
 |
Neta liked to jump over the waves.
Others just have fun doing whatever comes to mind. |
 |
| Water brings out the smiles in the Scotts. |
 |
Aurora chasing the BIG ball from
"Grandma" Cartwright. |
 |
| Splish, splashing together in the water. |
 |
| Ball time! |
 |
They attempt to play a game.
Can't remember if it worked or not. |
 |
| Volley! |
 |
| Building a sand fortress. |
 |
| Xela's waterfront property, under construction. |
 |
Nate and Neta attempting to make hand prints.
The waves successfully erasing them faster than N&N want. |
 |
| Sand castles! |
 |
If you look close, you can see
the immensity of the boys' creation. |
 |
Nate found a triangular shaped rock and called it the titanic.
The Titanic is carving out its path. |
 |
| Ta-dah! Ro's castle is complete! |
 |
| Graigry adding a mote to his fortress. |
 |
It was around 2:00 when the kids decided
that they were hungry. I had packed makings for sandwiches.
We made sandwiches, had chips, grapes and cucumbers. |
 |
Aurora attempting to deflate the ball
that I had spent 20-30 minutes blowing up.
That ball was LARGE and
took A LOT of breath to inflate. |
When we were here a few years ago, we took a picture similar to this one. I can't remember if I suggested it or one of the kids, but we took an updated picture:
We played a few minutes longer after lunch and left around four o'clock for home.
 |
Graigry & Nate turned Neta into a Sand-maid. You can kind of make our the tail. |
There was still Saturday night prep to complete in preparation for Sunday church. We were able to spend time as a family, in the pursuit of "wholesome recreational activities" (see The Family, Proclamation to the World) and got some things done for Graigry's Webelos Traveler Activity Badge.
Have I mentioned that I enjoy very much making memories and playing with the kids? I want them to have good memories of their childhood and know that, even though I had to work and couldn't be home with them as much as I wanted, I love them and want them to be valiant in their beliefs and defender of each other.
Cute pictures Camilla - looks like a perfect family outing!
ReplyDelete