Sunday, August 17, Eric was still out of town for the wedding in Alabama. Nate needed to visit an important community location for one of his Cub Scout things, so I decided we would go visit the 911 monument Sunday after church. We'd been there before, but there is a special something there as you read the poem and stand by one of the steel beams from one of the towers.
![]() |
| Neta will never forget those heroes who lost their lives. |
![]() |
| Nate stands in honor of heroes gone. You can see the steel beam in the reflection. |
![]() |
| Graigry reflecting on the past. (shot by Xela) |
Graigry, after thumbing through a cookbook, had been asking to make some mint truffles. When we got back from downtown, he and I worked together to grind up the grasshopper cookies, blend them with cream cheese and form them into balls. While they sat in the fridge, we melted the butterscotch. I couldn't find the prescribed mint chocolate, so I worked with what I could find.
We rolled the balls into the butterscotch and then put them back in the fridge.
![]() |
| Looking sooo tastie!!! |
After waiting for the butterscotch to harden, each of us got an awaited for treat.
![]() |
| Not the best picture, but here is what the inside looked like. |
![]() |
| After exercising much patience, come and get... ...TRUFFLES!!! |
This is a treat that I'm gong to have to make again, maybe with white chocolate. I like making treats with the kids and I like it when they want to help make them.






No comments:
Post a Comment