I love watching the fireworks and it is the one time that I put the B107.5 app on my phone, so that I can listen to the "synchronized" music with the fireworks. Eric isn't a fan, so I take the kids that want to go and we head to Highland Park, which is just outside of I-65 and downtown. There, we watch the downtown fireworks and don't have to fight the traffic to get home. This Highland Park viewing of the Indy July 4 fireworks has become a tradition.
The day had been a bit cloudy and rainy, but the rain had stopped so we headed over to the park. As we turned onto New York St (so we would be facing the right direction to head home), we saw Colin Burroughs, Xela's friend, sitting on a stud sticking outside from the upstairs window of his soon to be home. Xela said it was a coincidence (I'm not sure I completely agree with that, but whatever). He walked with us as we picked a spot on the grass and then they went to kick around a soccer ball with Nate, Neta and Graigry.
I try to bring glow sticks so the kids have something to do/play with once it gets dark before the fireworks have started.
 |
| Picture with the flash... |
 |
| ...and one without. :) |
There is always a family/families that shoot off some cool fireworks just north of the park. Sometimes they are a little distracting, but this year, that things were a little different. Fog rolled in and so the fireworks we came to see were only colorful, light-filled shadows. I was a little frustrated. The family with the street fireworks were a welcome celebratory explosion of color. This year, they received cheers and applause from all those at the park.
 |
| Street fireworks; the highlight of our show! |
We came home and watched fireworks lit by Kimmie and Scotty in the grandparents' backyard. Kids enjoy those as well. Ro had her friend, Jasmine, spend the night as July 5 was the start of girls camp and Jasmine was going to hitch a ride with us. This is Xela and Aurora's favorite week of the summer, girls camp, maybe the whole year. It's something they look forward to every year and we miss their sweet influence while they're gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment