Sunday, January 1, 2017

Oct 31 - Halloween Characters

In years past, we've done a family theme, but there wasn't much agreement on things, so this is what they came up with:


Aurora decided to be Abby from the television series NCIS as part of Spirit Week at school. Eric let her dye her hair black, which was a shocker for a number of people, including myself. She played the part for Halloween as well.

Graigry wasn't sure he wanted to go out, but then decided last minute to be a BYU soccer player. When a guy from church saw Graigry, he called out "Scott Sterling!" who is a character in a Studio C (BYU TV on Youtube) skit who, as a goalie, gets totally hammered in penalty kicks. (Search Google if you want to watch it. Quite funny!)

Xela had created a Toothless, the Dragon (from "How to Train Your Dragon" movies) costume for a animated character day during Spirit Week at school. Nate has wanted to be Hiccup, from that movie for a long time and when Neta decided to be Astrid, the girl interest from that movie, it all worked out.

The church's trunk or treat was on the Saturday before Halloween and I was determined to get the costumes done. Neta's was fairly easy and I'd been able to work on it during my lunch breaks, but Nate's had a jacket with it which required a sewing machine, which, sadly, I could really use during my lunch break. So Saturday was the cram day.

Remind me never to do that again. It got done, with about 15 minutes to spare before the activity started. Sadly the jacket is too small (I need to use a bigger shirt for sizing, or actually have Nate be the model), so he won't be wearing the black jacket again. It wasn't as good as the Pinterest template I was following, but again, it got done and I got to use  my sewing machine, which I enjoy.

After the kids turn 12, they are done trick or treating. We've got one more year with Nate and then it's Neta. The kids like to dress up and walk around Irvington, if we go around there. This year, there was a split between Irvington and Little Flower, so I squoze in both. Irvington is where they got the good stuff (including full size candy bars). I didn't hear too many complaints.

I think Nate will decided not to go to the Little Flower "Bash" next year though. It's kind of lame. He may want to rake in the candy on his last go round. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment