Sunday, April 2, 2017

...and a Happy New Year!

We hung around the house for New Years, munching on stuff, doing puzzles, playing games and building a fire. It wasn't anything spectacular, but we were together waiting around for midnight and the banging of pots and pans.

Eric started a fire around six and it got BIG! He put a hollowed out stump on the pit that was just smaller than the pit itself. I got a few cool pictures while we were all out by the fire (Ro had gone to a friend's house for a few hours.)

It starts. Eric put a hollow stump
on our concrete fire pit.
TA-DA! It's the kids!
Behold! The FIRE!
New Year's Firey Face
Nate got a 3D pirate ship puzzle, which he started to build and then asked for my help on. Once I got started, I didn't want to stop. Have you done a 3D puzzle? Apparently there are a couple of levels of difficulty and this pirate ship is the harder level, which I didn't know until I was almost done and looked at the box. No wonder it was so frustrating! I was determined to finish it before midnight and I did!!
The 3D and 3 hr to build pirate ship
Graigry made a balloon dog
while waiting around for Jan 1
The other project I was determined to finish during the break was my quilt. I had been working on this thing for about three or four years. It is just smaller than a queen sized sheet and fits wonderfully on our queen sized bed. I was so happy to finish it! It's been on our bed keeping us warm since January 1. I have noticed there are two squares that I need to sew back together, but other than that - done! That's the second jeans quilt I've made and I don't plan to make another one for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment