Sunday, July 4, 2010

Aurora's Birthday Father's Day

Our second June birthday hits on the 20th, which this month, also happened to be Father's Day. I'd been asked several times how I was going to do both on the same day. Sometimes it's beneficial that my husband isn't into these kind of holidays. Besides, he'd already purchased his own Father's Day present when he got a nail gun set in May. It really was what I was going to get him, but he beat me to the punch so we could work on the house for the appraisal.

So, not having to really worry about big specials for Daddy, we had a simple Sunday birthday. Aurora was excited to get the package from Grandma Hibbert with presents and treats. The box came on Saturday, but we didn't do presents until Sunday. I unloaded the cushion goodies and hid the gifts until Sunday after church.

Grandma always does such a good job with presents, so of course Ro enjoyed everything. I apologize for the photo quality right now. My phone does not take great pictures, but it's better than nothing.
I loved this shirt that says "Somebody loves me in Utah."

We did birthday cake about an hour after dinner and invited the Robinsons to help us eat cake.
This is the one good picture my camera took. It helps that nothing was moving when I clicked.
My kids are growing up too fast, which I guess happens to everyone. I hope I can learn to recognize and appreciate the important moments before my kids are all gone. I love being a mom, most days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment