Only six months behind, but while I have a few spare minutes, I thought I would put up some pictures. It was a little rough having to go back to work the next day, but I very much enjoyed some hang out, relax and play time with the family.
 |
| The stockings are hung on the stairway with care. |
 |
| Our Winter Wonderland ready for Christmas morning. |
Christmas Eve, Nate and I hid in my room and made snowflakes to hang from the ceiling. Eric hung some from the fan so when the fan was on, they spun. I needed some personal kid time and making snowflakes with my Nate the Great filled my heart and made a memory (for me at least). Some of the snowflakes turned out really cool too. One of my favorite you can see on the right most side. I wish I'd taken pictures of some of them. Xela has been the photographer for quite a few activities lately.
 |
My mom sent some 3D kind of glasses
that made Christmas lights turn into snowflakes & snowmen.
COOL!!! |
 |
| Remote control cars are always a hit! |
 |
Everyone got a lego minifigure.
How appropriate that one was Santa!! |
 |
A gift from the big sister - Polly swimming pool.
I love how the kids want to give their things to each other. |
 |
Aunt Diane & Uncle John sent a set of books
for Nate to read. We've finished three of them,
I think. I'm glad he likes to read! |
 |
The overalls were a TOTAL hit!
Eric was all smiles and wore them for about a week straight.
The tool was needed, but not the one he would have picked.
It's the thought and effort, right? |
 |
| Xela ripping into something. |
 |
Daddy putting a necklace on Aurora.
I think it was from Gma Hibbert, but I could be wrong. |
 |
I got Kinex for the kids, a present they could share.
I think I played with it more than they did.
Look at the cool chopper & 4-wheeler I made!
|
 |
Eric was SO EXCITED to get overalls.
He put them right on and wore them
for about a week straight.
I did good on that gift! |
 |
Hex bugs!
They had fun building different mazes and watching
whose bug would vibrate it's way from start to finish.
I like having toys that they can play with together.
They came up with some interesting designs,
some included drop offs and traps! |
It was so nice to have a day that was just hanging with the family, no work, no place to be, just relax and enjoy the day. That's how Christmas should be. There weren't a ton of presents, but we all had an enjoyable day together. (I'm noticing the date on the overall picture says 12/24. It's wrong; it was 12/25.)
I had to go to work the next day, which was kind of a bummer for me. It's the first time in a LONG time that I haven't had all Christmas break with the kids. However, it did workout that there was a big snowfall/blizzard during the break. Indianapolis was buried and work was called off unless you had to be there because roads were bad & other business/day cares were closing. Then one day I woke up with a fever and I slept almost the entire day. It worked out well because I had just been upgraded in pay scale to full time with paid time off. I was grateful for that Christmas blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment