Sunday, May 19, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Every year I try to find a new kind of ornament for the kids to make to add to their collection. When they move to school and get married, they will have quite the collection of ornaments to take with them, that is for sure!!

I did a little online searches and found some felt ornament ideas and went with that. I had to supervise with the hot glue and the cutting of the tree patter, but other than that, the kids let their creative imagination design.

Some went a little overboard with the beads

Others were a little better at their design pattern.

They designed their tree, putting everything
where they wanted it.
Then we worked to glue it down without
burning ourselves.

We hot glued a piece of ribbon on the back
to be able to hang them on the tree.

They enjoy making stuff and I enjoy watching and helping. I also enjoy that it is stuff that doesn't get left out to be thrown away. It is shown on the tree for less than a month and then disappears for 11 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment