Monday, September 8, 2014

Fun with Chalk - July 2014

With the big girls at Girls' Camp, I tried to do something fun with them or as a family when I got home from work. I didn't have a specific plan, which frustrated Eric. I thought about going to the canal, but it got a little late for that, so....

We
PLAYED
with
CHALK!! 
The above is a dead, headless girl, which would have been obvious if they hadn't decided to draw an explosion where her head was supposed to be. The little bit of chalk that you can see on the left side is the decapitated head. 

Yes, we got a little morbid, but chalk and driveways just screams to draw dead people, doesn't it? :)

This is dead Nate,
his body cut in half by the big white van.

The closer body is dead Graigry
(see the glasses knocked off his face?)

Neta was drawn on a skateboard.
Then the boys decided to write
a quote from Daddy.
Their hands were all chalked up,
so of course, one has to
decorate the face.
Pretty in pink...
and purple...
chalk.
Finally I decided it was time to clean up and get ready for bed. Thankfully there was a pool that had relatively clean water in it for the rinsing of faces.

Wash, don't drink. Then dry off before going inside. :)
Again, maybe a little morbid with the drawings, but the four of us had a great time letting our creative juices manifest themselves through chalk. I'm not always good at just having fun and letting the check list go, but hopefully my kids will remember with fondness the times when it does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment