Saturday August 2, we spent all morning moving in Grandma Scott. The kids worked hard, and it was the weekend before my week long vacation, so I wanted to be sure I got some play time with the kiddos as well as just work. After moving in house stuff, we moved to one of the empty properties and unloaded half of a large Uhaul truck filled with storage boxes of Karen's stuff.
By three o'clock, we were back at the house and Eric said it was okay for me and the kids to go. We put our suits on under our clothes, went to the library to redeem the last of our summer reading points and then headed to the Brookside Park Pool. It was the last day the pool would be open and I wanted to make sure we used the pass we had earned.
 |
| "Let's do the water slide!"" |
 |
| Xela went a lot slower than she would have liked. |
 |
| Graigry with a successful slide. |
 |
| Neta, just catching her head before it went under. |
After the slide, they played around a little and went to the diving board and rock wall. They loved the diving board. I think Neta did it the most times.
 |
Xela on the rock wall and Neta on the diving board. Two for one photo shot. :) |
 |
Neta just liked bouncing on the board and then jumping into the water. |
 |
| What Nate calls the "pencil dive." |
 |
| Xela takes a plunge. |
 |
Xela grabbed teh camera to take pictures of me. Pretty good aerial frog pose she caught. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy jumping off a board. |
At some point, I got in the swim lanes because, being who I am, I need to exercise while in the water; I can't just play. I went across with Nate swimming on the outside of the lane once or twice. Another time, I was doing a couple of laps by myself while the kids played and one of the guards started blowing his whistle. I assumed it was at a kid in teh pool and then I hear a life guard on the other side of the pool yell, "She's over 18!" Oh! He was whistling at me, thinking I shouldn't be in the swim lane because I was too young. How sweet! Glad to know that from the back, while swimming, I look everso much younger than 40. :)
 |
I can't tell or remember who this watery picture if of. Any guesses? |
 |
Graigry on the rock wall. And I got the picture before the splashy ending! |
They kids were done swimming after about an hour and a half. We went to the park and played for about 30 minutes, a version of tag, and then packed in the van and headed home. Once we quickly changed, we went to Golden Corral with Grandparents Scott, Kimmie, and Becca.
A good, long, fun day! Great way to start a week long stay-cation!
No comments:
Post a Comment