Sunday, December 28, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree! Oh Christmas Tree!

I forgot that I had pictures from our tree decoration activity, so here you go. Out of order, but oh well. :)

Typically, we put up the Christmas tree the Monday after Thanksgiving. Xela, in her 14 year old wisdom, suggested that we do it on Friday or Saturday so we wouldn't have the time constraints of Monday bed time. It was a good idea and we decided to make that idea a reality.

After hitting two stores on Black Friday, we came home, did a little rearranging of the living room, pulled out the Christmas box and began hanging our memories on the tree.



I had tried to set up children's ornaments on a table so there were things to pick from and I only had to rotate through kids. Xela and Aurora put up lights and the beads on the tree.




Grandma Neta's angel always goes on top. It used to light up, but it hasn't for a few years now. Eric took out the mechanics that make it light up so that he could fix it. So far, now being December 28, it hasn't been fixed, but that's okay. I don't mind that it doesn't light up.

I like having a piece of Grandma Neta with us each Christmas. I wish she was still here. We hang the snowman head ornament every year and remember the nicknames she gave each of the kids. Sally, Sue, Danny, Sammy, and Lulu are written on the back of the heads, one per kid, plus one for Eric and I. We love Grandma Neta. I think she died 7 years ago this January; she was there for Neta's first birthday. I need to find our her daughter's address and write her a note about how wonderful we think her mom was and how grateful we are that she was a part of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment