Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Making Ornaments

Traditionally we make ornaments each year, so a few weeks ago, I asked Aurora to look up some ideas on DIY ornaments. She found some lightbulb ornament creations and we all thought that looked like a fun idea. There were multiple options: penguins, snowmen, santa, reindeer, minions (from Despicable Me) so I thought it would work well.

I bought light bulbs and some basic paint colors last week on one of my trips to Wal-mart and we did it last Sunday after church.

Everyone with bulbs, paper plates,
and brushes creating
their ornaments for 2014
Aurora decided she was going to
paint a penguin.
Painting on light bulbs is a little tricky for some
promotes concentration in others
(look at their faces).
Paint wasn't drying very quickly,
so we pulled out the hair blow drier.
Nate's snowman
Graigry and Aurora putting on
final touches.
Neta trying to finish her snowman
Xela made a wonderful Rudolph the red-nose reindeer. I sprayed with shilac in attempts to keep the paint from scraping off. I scraped paint off my santa after schilacking it and the paint still comes off. Guess we just have to pack with great care. Xela's reindeer is so awesome and I don't want it scratched. I meant to get a picture of the reindeer and its maker, but we just finished packing up Christmas, so I'll have to remember for next year (yeah right!).



No comments:

Post a Comment