Grandma Scott got in town Wednesday evening. Hibberts got in town late Wednesday night and Walkers, not until Saturday morning. Thursday afternoon, after Hibberts were able to catch up on a little bit of sleep, they picked up Patrice and came up here. We kids jumped into the pool and played. I don't like getting in the water very often when it's over run by kids, but I got in and splashed around a little. Xela and I ended up getting in a noodle spitting contest which was a lot of fun.
Nate actually got in, which he doesn't often do. He gets in his suit and will play in the smaller pool. It takes a little encouragement and push to get him to put the arm floaties on and get into the pool. Once he did, he was the last one out. Here's a picture of Nate and some other assorted pool pics. My little ones wanted to try out Jayden's wave runner. Jayden wasn't so keen on getting in at first but after floating around for a minute or two, was okay. He was also okay to get out and just play with Patrice.
After swimming and homemade pizza, we packed into the cars and went to Xela's soccer game (it didn't rain for once!). Because there weren't enough players to have four teams, like usual, they put all the teams together and played their hour long game. It was more like bunch ball than othre games had been, but it was still fun to watch. The younger siblings and cousin, because a field was free, played with a soccer ball and had their own little game. Nate's a pretty good little player and Neta has a future in the goalbox.
When the game ended, JT took Jayden home and Patrice came over with Mom and Dad and we opened presents for Neta (I told you we'd do something when the grandparents got here). "My toys" became the phrase of the night. She opened a dress first and when I asked her "what is it?" she responded: "Princess!" and had to put it on. She loves her new clothes. She is also still insistant about her age.
We sent the kids to go watch a movie and we adults had some ice cream and conversation. By ten o'clock everyone was heading out and to bed to rest up for Friday.
Friday we had lunch on the canal, so the daddy's could join us. JT works just minutes away and Eric's building is on the canal. Neta slept through most of lunch.

Eric was able to take the rest of the day off, which was an unexpected suprise. Because it was around 92 degrees, we were going to go to Holiday Park but decided to go to the air conditioned downtown library instead.
Graigry made a magnet shape creation while Mommy practiced her ABC's.
Neta lounged around for a photo shoot with Grandpa.
Jayden and Patrice took a nap.
We went home after about an hour and went swimming again. After a good swim, we packed up and went to Chuck E Cheese (nothing wrong with pizza for dinner, two nights in a row, right?) The kids had fun playing the games. JT played a little basketball with assists from Jayden. Eric and I had some competetive games of basketball and skeeball. He got a lot of lucky shots and beat me in both those games. I won in air hockey though. If you ask Eric he'll say I cheated. Whatever.

Saturday was the day we'd been waiting for. I asked Grandpa to be the designated photographer as my battery was running low. Aunt Amy made a beautiful baptism dress for Ro. (I'm so glad she's willing to do that. The girls LOVE their dresses. They feel like princesses.) So far, it's been great that the girls have been able to be baptized on their birthday. I don't know how many kids that is going to work for, but I'll take what I can get.
Patrice and Grandma Scott gave talks. Her confirmation was beautiful, much about missionary work among her family and friends. Afterwards I wanted a picture as a family and we were waiting for someone to come to the foyer. Well, in the waiting and playing, Nate and Neta smacked each other. I had to comfort without laughing at the two of them. Nate recently is always running into things with his head.
We came home for more swimming and a cookout with family and friends. That was fun and those without sunblock ended up with sunburns.
Sunday we all went to church. Mom and Dad went with Patrice because her sacrament meeting was at nine. Mine started at one, and because I was speaking, Mom and Dad sat through another half of a meeting before having to race to the airport to their flight.
It was WONDERFUL to be together and have Mom and Dad around. They are such great examples to me of what you are supposed to be. I hope I can be as successful as Mom and Dad with my family. I can't wait until we're able to get together again.
I LOVE all the pictures! Swimming, pizza, cookouts, soccer games....sounds like such a fun time. I hope someday we get to come out for a visit too. Tell Ro Congratulations from the Smarts!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a great time. Congratulations. Can't believe you have kids old enough to get baptized. So exciting. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI told Hna Stout hello for you and she says hi too. She'll be teaching at my daughter's school next year.